We are currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to join a leading Biotech company based in Kent. This is an innovative, growing company that is going through a period of growth. As the Laboratory Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the laboratory operations through coordination of the laboratory requirements and supervision of a small team.
This position is lab based with some flexibility working from home.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Laboratory Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be the main point of contact for all laboratory matters and oversee the work of the laboratory operations team to ensure that the laboratory is fully operational.
2. As the Laboratory Manager, you will hold accountability for the laboratory\'s compliance with Health and Safety Regulations. This will include ensuring all documents for all processes within the laboratories (COSHH, Risk Assessments and Protocols) are written and approved appropriately and are updated as necessary.
3. You will also be responsible for evaluating capital equipment and negotiate with suppliers.
4. As the Laboratory Manager you will line manage a small team comprised of Lab Technicians.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline plus relevant industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience working in a commercial laboratory.
3. Excellent communication and leadership experience.
Key Words: Laboratory / Manager / Lab Manager / Operations / SOP Writing / Leadership / Stock controller / Troubleshooting
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Christina Giakou
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633866
- Posted: 7th October 2020
- Expires: 4th November 2020