As Principal Data Scientist you are at the forefront of turning an ever-increasing amount of data into insights. With your excellence in cutting-edge data science and passion for finding scalable solutions for tough problems, you contribute to paving the way for an R&D that is driven through data and emerging digital science.
Embedded within the company's growing Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences Unit you will have an impact on reinventing R&D, thereby actively contributing to the discovery of breakthrough therapies that will increase human health.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Design and build the next-generation of analytics engines and smart assistants based on your strong expertise in data mining, statistics and machine learning.
- Interact with users and domain experts from all R&D functions help you to understand problem statements, identify use cases and design data science applications.
- Collaborate with developers, data engineers, UI/UX designers and architects for the implementation of scalable solutions for our scientists.
- Lead the data science part of digital initiatives as a member of a use case team and in collaboration with R&D functions and partners (e.g. IT or external partners).
- Internalise trends in data science, including input from other industries and explore opportunities for transformative use cases in pharma R&D.
- PhD in computer sciences, mathematics, physics, bioinformatics or a related life sciences field.
- Several years of relevant work experience in data science, machine learning and in working in multidisciplinary environments.
- Expert knowledge in working with life science data domains.
- Experience in professional handling of large data volumes from various sources.
- Excellent in scientific programming and profound knowledge in statistical analysis software and visualization tools (e.g. R, Python, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.).
- Strong communicator, open for innovation and a passionate team player.
- Fluent English (written and spoken).
Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences is turning data into insights for the discovery and evaluation of new therapeutic concepts in Discovery Research. Working across the Innovation Unit, gCBDS is pioneering the applications of emerging digital technologies in order to enable discovery and development of new medicines driven by data and digital tools.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive starting salary and benefits, including a car, holidays, life insurance, an attractive pension scheme and annually paid bonus. In addition to this package, the company will also support you in the case of relocation, to make the start into your new role as comfortable as possible.
If you are interested, please contact me on +44 121 6163 404 for more information or contact me via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see the website for details or send your CV in, to find out the latest opportunities.
- Agency: Paramount Recruitment
- Contact: Sophia Dreier
- Phone: 0121 616 3404
- Reference: SD/DS/RD/LM
- Updated: 13th October 2020
- Expires: 10th November 2020