Job Title: Scientist - Anti-Viral
Location: North West
Salary: up to £35,000 (pro rata)
Employment Type: 2 month contract and a permanent opportunity
SRG are working with a Contract testing organisation who are currently looking for Scientists to join the Viral and Cell team on both a temporary and permanent basis. The main purpose of the role is support the Viral and Cell team in carrying out a number projects in the result to hit client deadlines. You will be involved in anti-viral testing and co-ordinating projects within the laboratory.
- Carrying out anti-viral testing including BS EN 14476/17111/16777
- Carrying out general assays e.g. TCID50 assay, Plaque assay, Viral propagation
- Co-ordinating projects within the laboratory
- Supervising junior members of staff
- Degree educated in a relevant scientific subject i.e. …
- PhD is preferable but not essential
- Proven experience in anti-viral testing e.g. BS EN 14476/17111/16777
- Experience in assays including TCID50 assay, Plaque assay and Viral propagation
- Commercial exposure would be desirable
- Able to start role immediately (for the temporary role).
- Able to work closely as a team and hit deadlines
- Clear communication skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Emma White at Emma.White@srgtalent.com.. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Harrison on 0161 868 2222.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Key words: Anti-viral, Anti-microbial, testing, BS EN 14476, BS EN 17111, BS EN 16777, assays, TCID50 assay, Plaque assay, Viral propagation.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2157352
- Posted: 7th October 2020
- Expires: 4th November 2020