An opportunity has arisen for a R&D Chemist to join a specialty, polymer development and manufacturing organisation on a part-time basis. As an R&D Chemist you will work as part of the specialty vinal polymers team, applying your technical skills and knowledge to support the research and development of new and existing applications and products. To be successful you should hold a BSc or MSc qualification in Chemistry, Materials/Polymer Science or closely related discipline and possess previous commercial experience in an R&D environment.
R&D Chemist Responsibilities:
- Identify, report, and improve safety related issues using available tools and systems.
- Independently plan and execute technical work packages as part of defined innovation or support project.
- Analyse and critically assess data to draw and present conclusions.
- Develop and maintain technology know-how and capability in relevant technical fields.
- Flexibility to apply skills across different areas in the R&D function, (synthesis, application, analysis.)
- Build networks within the local technical and commercial teams and support services
R&D Chemist Requirements:
- Hold a BSc or MSc qualification in Chemistry, Materials/Polymer Science, or closely related discipline.
- Possess previous commercial experience in an R&D environment.
- Sound understanding the basic correlation of chemical composition of materials and their applications properties.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary: £.Comp (Pro-Rata) + Benefits - 6 Month FTC - Hours: 9am-5pm (Flexible) - 2 Days per week
If you are a local chemist or scientist with commercial experience in an R&D environment and are looking for a part time role that offers flexibility and the opportunity to be part of a global polymer manufacturing business then get in touch with Gareth Emmett with your CV: Gareth.firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6636
- Posted: 6th October 2020
- Expires: 3rd November 2020