Senior Finance Manager - ACA/ACCA or CIMA/ACMA - Clinical Research Organization
As a subsidiary of a truly global CRO company, with a UK base in rural Leicestershire, we are looking to appoint an experienced Finance Manager. This is an opportunity to influence and be the financial lead on-site, whilst also being part of a larger team.
We are seeking to recruit a highly numerate candidate who is confident with financial data, and its analysis and interpretation for different audiences. And who has had significant experience of overseeing the financial management of high value contracts and projects with an excellent knowledge and experience of financial systems (e.g. Oracle) and accounting methodologies.
Reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer, As the Finance Manager you will need to be an all-round accountant, with demonstrated and proven experience in both management accounts and financial statutory reporting. You will be comfortable managing a small team, and promoting an excellent working culture.
You will be responsible for the Finance department within the UK and the Netherlands. As the business continues to grow, you will be required to support relevant support to new territories across Europe.
- Leadership and management of the financial activities across the UK and Netherlands Sites.
- Provide a business partnering service to Senior Leadership, Site Leadership and Business Unit Leaders.
- Financial Planning Analysis, including Forecasting, Budgeting and Reporting for local and global stakeholders.
- Providing financial direction, support and guidance to all Key Stakeholders
- Monthly Management Accounts to tight deadlines, within group guidelines
- Year-end full financial accounts preparation.
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets, Prepayments, Accruals, Intercompany Reconciliations.
- Responsibility for debtor management and cash collections across the UK and Netherlands.
- Implement, maintain and manage new and existing processes across the ERP system (Oracle)
- Liaising with auditors and Tax advisors, including Tax Management and Compliance
- Responsibility for Banking activities across the UK and Netherlands Site.
- Manage Budget and forecast processes for finance across multiple sites.
- Ensure full compliance with HMRC and other governmental regulations including preparation of VAT returns, EC sales reports, National statistics and P11D's, among other corporate governance activities.
- Working with the group leadership team to update cashflow information and provide rolling 6 month forecasts.
- Preparing financial information for key stakeholders across the local subsidiary and wider group, including the executive team.
- Management of a small finance team, including employee development.
- Company secretarial duties as required
IDEAL CANDIDATE: - The successful Finance Manager will ideally have the following:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA/ACMA
- BA/ MBA In Business, Finance Accounting or similar discipline
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate significant experience in a position whereby they had significant accountability of the finance function.
- Demonstrable financial management and commercial experience with a strong track record of supporting business growth
- Leadership and teamwork skills with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing and rapidly growing environment
- Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation/communication skills
- Ability to formulate financial plans (long term and tactical) and ensure full engagement
- Gravitas and ability to influence change and build strong financial management within the business
- Basic Salary - £45,000 - £65,000 per annum
- Fantastic working environment and flexibility
- Excellent pension contribution
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6574
- Posted: 6th October 2020
- Expires: 3rd November 2020