A Senior Formulation Scientist is required with experience of working with tablets and hard gel capsules. The primary focus of the role will be to develop new products, thereby contributing to the ongoing growth strategy. Working within a dynamic SME environment, this is a pivotal, customer facing role, working cross functionally within the business on a broad portfolio of products. To be considered you must have commercial experience in the formulation of tablet and/or hard gel capsules.
- Taking the lead role in the development of new solid dose pharmaceutical developments
- Proposing and implementing remedial actions on current company owned and third party products.
- Managing technology transfers, technical projects and supervision of IMP development and manufacture.
- Supporting other areas of the business to ensure clear work flows for delivery of projects.
- Advising on material procurement regarding raw materials specifications.
- Preparing protocols and project plans, master documentation for pilot trials, production and Q.C documents and author technical reports.
- Operating in compliance with current good manufacturing practice (cGMP), department and company SOPs, Health & Safety and control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) requirements.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Science or Life Sciences degree desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in the pharmaceutical industry with a basic understanding of the pharmaceutical regulatory environment
- An understanding of manufacturing in a controlled environment
- Practical experience in product development of tablets and hard gel capsules is essential. However, experience in other dosage forms will also be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders i.e. peers, factory staff and customers
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to comprehend and interpret analytical data, to provide related opinion and recommendations
- Have a practical approach to formulation work with the ability to be 'hands on' when required
- Highly organised and methodical approach to work
- Project management skills
- Commercial awareness
Benefits include: 23 days Holiday; pension; life assurance; health plan: bike to work scheme and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6215
- Posted: 6th October 2020
- Expires: 3rd November 2020