Job Title: Particle Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 6 month initial contract
Pay Rate: £16.00 an hour (circa £30,000 p.a.)
SRG is working with a leading agrochemical company based in Berkshire with an expansive portfolio of crop protection products including herbicides, fungicides and insecticides.
They are currently seeking a Particle Scientist to join their research team in the discovery of novel solid states in their range of small organic molecule active ingredients.
- Plan and carry out laboratory work to establish the physical properties of compounds such as polymorph screening and optimising the final product.
- Use a variety of solid state techniques for crystallising and characterising small organic molecules such as pXRD, LC, GC, Raman microscopy, DSC and TGA
- Accurately record data (i.e. using electronic lab notebook) concurrent with conducting experiments
- Data manipulation, communicating results to teams across various departments
- Educated to degree level in physical chemistry, materials science or a relevant chemistry subject.
- Proven industry experience, ideally in crystallisation or relevant techniques such as XRD.
- Experience with a range of techniques including pXRD, DSC, LC, GC, Raman and light microscopy.
- Able to design and carry out experiments with minimal supervision
- Confident in verbal communication skills (experience of presenting at conferences, making key contributions to meetings etc.)
Apply online today to join this great working environment which offers 31.5 days annual leave! For more information on the role contact Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2157037
- Posted: 4th October 2020
- Expires: 1st November 2020