We are currently looking for a Senior Solid State Scientist - Pharmaceuticals to join a leading Pharmaceutical CRO company based in Essex. As the Senior Solid State Scientist - Pharmaceuticals you will be responsible for you will be responsible for supporting Medicinal Chemistry, ADME and Pharmacology in solid state chemistry, crystallisation science and pre-formulation to provide expert input to our drug discovery programs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Solid State Scientist - Pharmaceuticals will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Senior Solid State Scientist - Pharmaceuticals you will support the development of crystallisation procedures as well as supporting preformulation assessment of final phases.
2. You will work within project teams working to tight deadlines, working to GMP guidelines.
3. As the Senior Solid State Scientist - Pharmaceuticals you will be involved in troubleshooting and developing materials characterisation methods including XRPD, DSC, TGA, DVS, Microscopy and PSD.
4. You will support clients in helping to define final salt and polymorphic form based on a full materials characterisation assessment.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Solid State Scientist - Pharmaceuticals we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Phd in a Chemistry and industry experience or equivalent industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience in working within a GMP environment and a strong technical background in polymorph screening, salt selection and crystallisation.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with solid state characterisation techniques (XRPD, DSC, TGA, GVS and PSD)
Key Words: Materials Characterisation, Materials Chemistry, API, Analytical, Analytical Chemist, Analytical Chemistry, XRPD, DSC, TGA, DVS, Microscopy, PSD, GMP.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Edward McNulty
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633839
- Posted: 1st October 2020
- Expires: 29th October 2020