CK Science are recruiting for a Technical Development Manager to join a cleaning chemicals manufacturing company at their site based near Ashby, on a full time permanent basis.
Our client is manufactures bespoke products for use in the cleaning and hygiene markets. ISO9001 and 14001 accredited, the company is compliant with BPR are various other regulations. The company now has a vacancy for an experienced formulation chemist to lead the technical development activities on site while managing another member of staff. The successful candidate will be required to start ASAP, ideally October or November 2020. Hours are 37.5 per week Monday - Friday and the company offers a competitive salary in the range of £35,000 - £45,000 pa which will depend on skills and experience, as well as auto enrolment pension, 28 days holiday including bank holidays and mileage for travel undertaken in one\'s own vehicle.
This Technical Development Manager role is located near Ashby, Derbyshire. Please note the ability to drive with own vehicle is an essential requirement. The company can be reached by road from surrounding areas such as Burton, Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough, Leicester, Coventry, Birmingham etc.
Technical Development Manager Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Development and formulation of bespoke cleaning chemical products
- Innovating and developing new products
- Overseeing QA activity
- Generation of MSDSs
- Scaling up from lab to full production
- Keeping abreast of changes in legislation e.g. BPR, water regulations, ensuring ISO9001 and 14001 accreditations are maintained
- Regular liaison with customers including some travel, primarily in the UK but occasionally overseas
- Provision of technical support to the sales team
- Support the General Manager in running the business
- Management of 1 chemist
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven industrial formulation experience ideally gained in the cleaning chemicals industry - essential
- Ideally degree qualified in chemistry
- Supervisory experience beneficial
- Able to drive with own transport - essential
- Willingness to travel with work
- Available to start October/ November 2020
For more information or to apply for this Research and Development Manager position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702, quoting job ref 48968.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 48968
- Posted: 1st October 2020
- Expires: 29th October 2020