An award-winning health & beauty manufacturer based in Dorset is currently seeking for a new Formulation Chemist to join its innovation team on a permanent basis. As a Formulation Chemist, you will play a vital role in the formulation/development of new products, working closely alongside external suppliers and implementing technical guidelines and policies.
The Formulation Chemist role will suit a candidate who is looking to excel their career dedicated towards innovation and NPD. To be successful you should hold a relevant degree qualification and possess commercial experience within the cosmetic industry.
Formulation Chemist Responsibilities:
- Formulation and development of new and innovative products
- Work alongside manufacturing to ensure all new products can be scaled up appropriately
- Work with internal manufacturing or external subcontractors/suppliers to develop innovative product solutions to support NPD strategy
- Work closely with the Brand and Marketing teams to provide support for copy and claims for new products
- To implement the technical guidelines and policies
- To ensure all products are suitable for their intended markets and progress relevant registrations as appropriate
- To work cross functionally with departments such as procurement on key strategic projects that support NPD Strategy, cost-saving & business improvement
- Develop a culture of "R&D and Innovation" within the Team, coaching junior colleagues to achieve their business and personal objectives and supporting their development
- Input to the Formulation budget requirements on specific projects
Formulation Chemist Requirements:
- Degree qualification in Chemistry or closely related line of study.
- It is essential that you possess experience working within a commercial formulation laboratory - completing new product development on cosmetic or health & beauty products.
- Previous experience and full working knowledge of current EU and US regulatory requirements for the development and manufacture of health & beauty products.
- Proven track record in overcoming formulation challenges such as development and scale-up of manufacturing processes.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability solved complex problems.
In return the company can provide an excellent platform to learn new skills focused to formulation chemistry and project management - coupled with a competitive salary package £30k-£40k + excellent company benefits + bonus
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6627
- Posted: 29th September 2020
- Expires: 27th October 2020