Production Chemist required to join a chemical manufacturing company in East Yorkshire. Production experience from a chemical or polymer manufacturing environment is ideal but not essential. Applications from new graduates welcome.
Title: Production Chemist
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: East Yorkshire
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a key player in chemical manufacturing, who have based their UK operations in East Yorkshire. They are currently expanding their technical operations so are looking for a Production Chemist to join their established team. The main purpose of the role is to identify opportunities for improvements in process optimisation, implementing solutions via documented plant trials, support continuous improvement of the production process whilst ensuring plant safety and product quality is not compromised.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and curious polymer or chemistry graduate with industrial experience of working in a production environment to start their career with a forward thinking company. They will offer excellent training and development with the chance for further education. Offering 25 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days and an excellent pension.
Role / Description
- Monitoring plant performance and maintaining product quality
- Keeping production in line with the agreed targets
- Advise on plant condition changes
- Troubleshoot problems within the processes and implement solutions as required.
- Support Process Safety improvement projects offering technical knowledge about the chemistry
- Creating and issuing plant board schedules.
- Creating grade change, start up and shutdown schedules.
- Improve the performance and efficiency of the plant using the latest industry techniques.
- Support business improvement projects focusing on the operations and Technical support functions
- Investigate incidents where process upsets &/or poor quality production occurs.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to identify plant changes to improve plant safety, quality and efficiency and assist where required with the design implementation and commissioning phases.
- Ensure that all plant trials are carried out following the correct trial procedure, and are communicated to the relevant personnel.
- Minimum degree in Chemistry or similar scientific discipline
- Industrial experience or placement would be advantageous but not required in a manufacturing environment e.g. polymers or chemicals
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn new processes
- Able to demonstrate the importance of health and safety
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Key words: Polymers, Chemicals, production, plant trials, processes, manufacturing, chemist, quality, COMAH
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2157231
- Posted: 29th September 2020
- Expires: 27th October 2020