We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - T-Cell Engineering to join a leading Immunotherapy Biotechnology company based in the London area. As the Senior Scientist - T-Cell Engineering you will work in the Research Team and develop a pipeline of genetically engineered T Cells.
This opportunity would suit an experienced Gene Engineering Scientist with experience of developing Cell lines as well as the characterisation of chimeric antigen receptor modified T Cells ( CAR-T Cells ).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - T-Cell Engineering will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Design, plan and deliver T-Cell engineering and characterisation projects in order to support pipeline development of anti-cancer T-Cell Therapies.
2. You will isolate T-Cells using a range of technologies including autoMACS, culture the primary T Cells and use a genetic engineering tools such as CRISPR/Cas9 or vector transfection to develop novel cell lines.
3. You will use characterisation techniques such as RT-qPCR, Cell based assays and Flow cytometry to analyse your T Cells.
4. Lead on research projects while also supporting junior members of the team and will report directly to the Head of Gene Engineering.
5. Work collaboratively with members of your team but also cross-functionally with our teams to drive the successful development of the T Cell Therapeutic pipeline.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - T Cell Engineering we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant MSc or PhD in a life sciences discipline with additional industry experience in the field of T-Cell Therapy.
2. Proven industry experience of Genetic Engineering techniques for the development of Cell Lines, ideally on T-Cells. Experience of characterisation techniques such as RT-qPCR, Flow Cytometry, Cell-based functional assays and Immune assays.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with primary T-Cell isolation where you will have knowledge of autoMACS, CliniMACS or Dynabead technologies. Experience of Primary T-Cell culture is important to see in your application.
Key Words: T-Cell | Primary T-Cell Culture | CAR T Cell | Chimeric Antigen Receptor | RT-qPCR | Real-time quantitative PCR | Vector Production | Cell-based Functional Assays | Immune Assays | multiparameter Flow Cytometry | T-Cell Isolation | autoMACS | CliniMACS | Dynabead | R&D | Immunologist
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633820
- Posted: 29th September 2020
- Expires: 27th October 2020