*Pay Range- £30 -35ph
* Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm
* One of two Primary Care Clinical Pharmacists working with GP practices across the West, under the management of the Advanced Primary Care Pharmacist Lead
* An independent prescriber (IP) qualification is desirable, however if a candidate is not an IP but has relevant experience, they will be considered
* Travel: The client will pay for a one return flight if candidate stays in the position for more than 2 months
* The candidate will be a qualified expert in medicines and able to help patients in a range of ways, which includes carrying out structured medication reviews, providing specialist expertise in the use of medicines and improving medicines optimisation and safety.
As a Medicines Management Pharmacist, you will work as part of the medicines management team to enable the delivery of safe, effective, evidence based medicines usage in the context of patients care pathways.
The role will have a strong patient facing focus, with the successful candidate undertaking the following areas of work:
*Medication reviews to proactively manage patients with complex poly-pharmacy
*Responsibility for areas of chronic disease management, dependent on experience
*Provide support on prescription and medication queries, providing clinical guidance to the pharmacy technicians and prescribing clerks.
*Provide clinical leadership on medicines quality improvement
*Contribute to managing some aspects of the quality and outcomes framework
*Work with CCG pharmacists on the local medicines optimisation framework
*Be required to conduct face to face medication reviews to promote appropriate prescribing, reduce wastage and improve patient concordance with medication.
For more information, or to apply for this locum position please contact Richard 0207 613 6789.
Working with Mediplacements you will receive unbeatable locum benefits, which include;
*A dedicated one to one service
*Fast track registration process
*Excellent rates of pay
*Assistance with travel and accommodation
*Weekly pay - on time, every time
*Access to exclusive NHS and Private sector jobs
*No Registration Fee!
*Free online training available
Not available for this position? Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Mediplacements
- Reference: J90840
- Updated: 7th October 2020
- Expires: 4th November 2020