Technical Support Chemist
In accordance with waste legislation (WM3 and IPPC), your role will be to carry out technical assessments of a variety of wastes in order to identify and assign the most cost-effective treatment and processing routes.
- Technically assess incoming waste streams to identify cost effective treatment and processing
- Characterise and apply accurate classification of waste by data report analysis, SDS analysis, lab-work and by also liaising with customers and chemists on site.
- Issue quotes to existing customers for multiple services across the hazardous waste network
- Maintain and develop existing customer relationships
- Carry out Duty of Care consultations with existing and new customer
- Ensure all wastes brought on site meet current permits, compliance and legislation
-Provide technical advice and guidance regarding waste classification and legislation to commercial and operational colleagues, as well as to external customers
- A minimum of a chemistry, chemical engineering or forensic science degree is required
- Some experience in a similar role within the waste industry
- Experience of customer facing roles would be advantageous
- IT literate - proficient in using Microsoft Office software
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work effectively unsupervised
- Analytical; data driven decision making
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided.
Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Tom Matthews on 0121 728 8451
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2157144
- Posted: 22nd September 2020
- Expires: 20th October 2020