We are currently looking for a Research Associate - Cellular Biologist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the North of the UK. As the Research Associate - Cellular Biologist you will be responsible for the development of in vitro disease models across a number of tissue platforms including Kidney, Retina, Liver and Lung.
You will have the opportunity to join a rapidly growing business focused on developing In Vitro models to mimic and predicts drug interactions with human tissues and organs where their aim si to reduce the need for animal testing.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research Associate - Cellular Biologist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Development of 2D and 3D In Vitro assays including microphysical and microfluidic cell based models for assessing drug safety and disease modelling.
2. Using analytical tools such as DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, RT-qPCR, Western Blotting, Flow Cytometry and Immunohistochemistry to asses the validity of your models.
3. Working closely with the internal scientists to contribute to scientific and technology development.
4. Present new ideas to the business where you will have the ability to explore new areas to further the business.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Associate - Cellular Biologist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline. My client is open to speaking with candidates with a BSc, MSc of PhD and will offer the role dependent on experience.
2. Proven experience of Mammalian Tissue Culture where experience of Kidney or epithelial cell culture is desired. 2D and 3D cellular models is very beneficial. Experience with iPSC and Cell differentiation.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with analytical techniques such as PCR, RT-qPCR, Flow Cytometry, Western Blotting, IHC and Fluorescent Microscopy.
Key Words: Tissue Culture | Cell Culture | 2D Models | 3D Models | In Vitro Assays | Disease Modelling | Kidney Models | Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells | iPSC | iPS Cells | Organoids | Microphysiology | Microfluidics
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633783
- Posted: 15th September 2020
- Expires: 13th October 2020