Strategic Account Manager – Analytical Services
Location: Office based from North West England but with 30% travel
Salary: £comp plus bonus
Territory: UK mainly but with some international travel
Our client are specialists in contract analytical testing and are looking for a Strategic Account Manager to support them in an exciting new growth phase for the organisation. Working as part of the broader Business Development and Technical team you will be working with customers to deliver high quality analytical testing solutions in a niche testing area of contract analytical services.
Full Product/Service training will be provided but the role would suit a degree qualified analytical chemist with a background (ideally hands-on) in chromatography and/or Mass Spec sales or contract analytical testing sales. You will be working from the company’s offices in North West England and developing business with existing and new customers over the phone and at face to face meetings.
Previous sales experience is essential along with strong customer relationship building skills and an ability to consult and troubleshoot/problem solve technical requirement. There will also be a requirement to travel (often internationally) to attend key industry events and conferences). The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent objection handling skills and will be a strong closer to secure sales. You will be responsible for putting bids and tenders together so a good eye for detail is essential along with strong sales admin skills and a knowledge of CRM software is required.
Specific responsibilities will include (but is not limited to):
- Achieve/exceed sales targets personally and support the achievement of department and company sales goals
- Business development to create a large pipeline of opportunities
- Development of leads through consultative sales, meetings, presentations and proposals to close
- On-going account management skills to maintain strong relationships with clients, dealing with any issues and spotting add-on or new sales projects
- Work closely with technical team to deliver proposals that meet clients requirements; be consultative with all stakeholders
- Identify and attend key industry symposiums, conferences and events
- Keep on top of current trends to act as a subject champion/expert.
Full UK driving license required and the successful candidate must be able to travel 30% of time with occasional overnight stays). Applicants must be fluent in English.
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor
- Agency: Taylorollinson
- Contact: Richard Taylor
- Posted: 15th September 2020
- Expires: 13th October 2020