Two exciting opportunities have arisen for a Senior Scientist to join an innovative organisation that develop and commercialise biologics products and processes in the North East. They are looking for a Senior Scientist to join their Viral Vectors Process Development team following a number of successful project proposals along with an ever increasing project pipeline.
Job Title: Senior Scientist (Viral Vectors)
Vacancy type: Permanent
Area: North East
SRG is working with an innovative Biologics Organisation who are expanding their Viral Vectors team. There are two positions available, each with a different focus:
- An Upstream Viral Scientist specialising in viral vector expression.
- A Downstream Viral Scientist specialising in viral vector purification.
The role is a critical part of the business and is responsible providing technical expertise and input into the delivery of projects and act as technical lead in others, including projects of some complexity. You will be seen as an expert in your area of discipline, will have a broad knowledge of viral vectors and nucleic acid based products expressed in a variety of systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support or lead in the design and execution of experiments to develop and optimise with the expression or purification processes for the manufacture of novel gene therapy products.
- Manage scale up (up to pilot scale).
- Supporting the transfer of processes into and out of the facility.
- Evidence of technical leadership of projects.
- Educated to a BSc, MSc or PhD level in a Scientific or Engineering related discipline and a relevant number of years industrial experience
- Significant experience working with viral vectors, particularly hazard group 1 and hazard group 2 (lentivirus, adenovirus, adeno associated virus etc).
- Downstream specific experience: development and optimisation of viral vector purification including clarification, chromatography (AKTA/Affinity/HIC/IEX) and TFF.
- Upstream specific experience: production of viral vectors, operation of reusable or single use bioreactors for mammalian cell culture.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this role and require more information, please contact Grace Loughrey on 0161 868 2212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2156991
- Posted: 15th September 2020
- Expires: 22nd September 2020