An innovative, start-up energy storage company is currently recruiting for a Battery Cell Scientist to join its R&D team on a 6 month FTC (with possibility of extension/made permanent) based in Cambridge. As Cell Battery Scientist, you will play an important role in the team where you will have the opportunity to research electrodes, battery cell assembly, battery cell design and conducting advanced electrochemical characterisation techniques. To be a successful applicant, you will possess strong academics (Masters/PhD) coupled with experience working with battery technology in an R&D function (industrial/academic).
Battery Cell Scientist Responsibilities
- Working on electrode-making, cell assembly, cell testing, cell design, and advanced electrochemical characterisation.
- Operate laboratory battery cell prototyping line.
- Research and develop electrodes and cells - lithium-ion batteries.
- Design and follow battery cell test plans and communicate results back to the wider team.
- Interpret results and make recommendations on cell designs.
Battery Cell Scientist Requirements
- Possess a degree qualification (MSc/MChem/MEng/PhD) in Chemistry, Materials Science, or closely related field of study.
- Direct experience working with Lithium-Ion battery technology within an R&D laboratory function (can be academic or industrial).
- Proficient on standard lab-scale electrode fabrication and cell assembly techniques.
- Proficient in electrochemical measurements for lithium-ion (li-ion) cells.
- Ability to work independently, running laboratory experiments and working to strict deadlines.
- Excellent ability to work as part of a diverse international team
- Able to commit to a 6-month contract, based in Cambridge.
£Comp + company benefits - 6-month FTC with possible extension
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6607
- Posted: 14th September 2020
- Expires: 12th October 2020