Senior Scientist - Gene Editing
Based In London
c£45,000 + Excellent Benefits
Do you have substantial experience in gene editing technologies such as CRISPR, ZFN or TALENs
Would you like to work for a pioneering company at the centre of Cell and Gene Therapy development?
My client, based in London, are specialists in the Research, Development and Commercialisation of Advanced therapy medicinal products, working with Biotechnology and Biopharmaceutical companies to translate early stage research into quality, commercially viable, scalable and investable therapies.
They attract leading scientists from around the world, to join their R&D and scale up departments, which boasts state of the art laboratories and facilities supporting Gene Therapy & Cell Therapy development and industrialisation.
They collaborate with academia & industry, providing their expertise to take therapies across the translational gap, into the clinic and the through clinical trials. The company's mission is to drive its growth of the sector to ensure these therapies are commericalised and have an international presence with projects coming from UK, Europe, US and Asia. Taking an innovative approach to develop and adopt the latest technologies to keep them are the forefront of the sector.
The Senior Scientist - Gene Editing will join the R&D and industrialisation Group based in Central London. The Senior Scientist - Gene Editing will need a background in Gene Editing and CRISPR so as to design and execute cutting edge R&D programmes within cell engineering. Their purpose is to use gene editing tools such as CRISPR / Cas9 to enhance the functions of therapeutically relevant cell types.
Specific Responsibilities of the Senior Scientist - Gene Editing will include:
- Design and execute R&D programmes, working with the Director and Lead Scientists
- Managing multiple projects in the laboratory, driving these forwards to deliver these on time
- Take responsibility for the quality & standards of research
- Work with Programme Managers and Lead Scientists to plan and execute new gene editing work streams
- Be an Subject Matter Expert in gene editing, sharing expertise cross functionally
- Applying your expertise to evolve existing and develop new protocols
- Generate protocols for ex vivo cell therapy products to support the development of new technology
Required Skills and Expertise for the Senior Scientist - Gene Editing:
- PhD in relevant area with post doctoral and / or commercial expertise
- Strong Gene Editing experience using tools such as CRISPR / ZFN or TALENs
- Gene Editing experience in the translation / development of cell therapies is advantageous
- Cell culture of human and / or mammalian cell lines essential
This is an excellent opportunity where you will be able to apply your science in an innovative environment at the cutting edge for develop of Cell & Gene Therapies with excellent career potential.
To be considered for this position, please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Neil Walton
- Phone: 0203 096 4700
- Reference: J2157093
- Posted: 11th September 2020
- Expires: 9th October 2020