Are you a Biological Sciences graduate looking for a laboratory job opportunity?
We are currently looking for RNA Extraction Scientists on a 9 month Fixed Term Contract to be a part of the continuing Government Test and Trace\' strategy for COVID-19 in the Cambridge area.
As the RNA Extraction Scientist, you will be working in small teams to operate Beckman I series robotics to perform automated magnetic bead RNA extraction procedures and track samples through the LIMS system.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the RNA Extraction Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. This role will involve fully automated RNA extraction workflows and as the RNA Extraction Scientist, you should be comfortable performing this while using PPE. You will also be responsible for the accurate data analysis of results, highlighting and reporting any anomalous results.
2. Engagement with a remote data analysis team to monitor instrument performance and QC and respond in real time to troubleshoot and resolve any issues.
3. You will also assist in programming the robotic platforms as needed, ensuring that the protocols are correct and fit for purpose.
4. Maintenance of bench space, ensuring that the work area is kept clean, tidy and free from potential contaminants.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the RNA Extraction Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Life Science or Biological Sciences degree (with a specific molecular biology focus) plus experience working on RNA extraction studies.
2. Strong data management skills are essential, you will need to be able to interpret and collate various data sets.
3. Further experience in using and programming automated liquid platforms is highly desirable.
Key Words: Sample Preparation Scientist | Biological Sciences | Biomedical | Biosafety | Forensic Science | Data Analysis | Molecular Biology | Cellular Biology | RNA | DNA | PCR
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Debra Fong
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633623
- Posted: 11th September 2020
- Expires: 9th October 2020