An opportunity had arisen for a number of laboratory analysts (Analytical Chemists) to join an award-winning analytical testing laboratory at its UKAS accredited facility just outside of Cambridgeshire. Positions are available for experienced and senior analysts to join the company. As a laboratory analyst you will work as part of the analytical team carrying out various tests using GC, GC-MS, ICP-MS & OES and HPLC instruments. You will also be responsible for interpreting the test data and compiling reports for clients; finally ensuring all laboratory activities are carried out in accordance with ISO17025.
To be successful you should ideally hold a degree in a relevant scientific discipline, possess experience within a commercial laboratory and have strong communication skills.
Laboratory Analyst Responsibilities:
- Carry out various sample tests using GC, GC-MS, ICP-MS & OES and HPLC instruments.
- Interpret the test data and compile reports for clients.
- Support with the maintenance for the laboratories analytical instrumentation.
- Ensure stocks, equipment and storage areas are well kept and meet company standards.
- Ensure all aspects of your work comply with H&S and ISO regulations.
Lab Analyst Requirements:
You will possess a degree level qualification in Chemistry or a related scientific subject and have gained experience working in a commercial laboratory environment, You will need to possess commercial laboratory experience using at least one of the following techniques:
- Headspace GC-FID
- Headspace GC-MS
Salary: £20-25k + Benefits - 25 days holiday + Banks - Company Pension Contribution - Life Assurance
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week - 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday - 30min Lunch
If you are a have commercial laboratory experience and are looking to be part of a like-minded, growing organisation then get in touch with Gareth Emmett - email@example.com with a copy of your CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Contact: Gareth Emmett
- Phone: 01483 548804
- Reference: 7723
- Posted: 11th September 2020
- Expires: 9th October 2020