A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced coating development leader to lead the laboratory team of a globally recognised food and beverage packaging organisation at its sate of the art facility in Oxfordshire. As a coating development leader, you will be responsible for coating development projects, screening and qualifications programmes for various metal packaging applications. You will also design and carry out trials and testing plans to develop and qualify internal and external coating materials for the client portfolio.
To be successful as the coating development leader you should hold a relevant degree in materials science, materials engineering, polymer chemistry or similar discipline. You should also have a sound knowledge and understanding around functional coatings or protective materials gained within an industrial setting.
Coating Development Leader Key Responsibilities:
- Develop new testing methods to predict industrial coatings performance in finished products.
- Work with a range of stakeholders both internal and external to coordinate technical briefs for new developments and organise technical reviews with the business and suppliers.
- Lead a small team of material scientist within the coating group, managing the team's performance and progress in line with strategic objectives.
- Maintain the coating technology development portfolio; use gate reviews to understand progress and flag issues that might require resolution by the coating manager.
Coating Development Leader Requirements:
- Hold a relevant degree in materials science, materials engineering, polymer chemistry or similar discipline.
- You should also have a sound knowledge and understanding around functional coatings or protective materials gained within an industrial setting.
- Ideally possess experience of supervising staff in an industrial environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Wiliness to travel within the UK and overseas to support ongoing projects where required.
Salary: c £45,000 + Excellent benefits - Bonus - Flexi Time - 25 Days Holiday + Banks - Company Pension Contribution - On Site Parking - Subsided Canteen - Bupa Healthcare - On site Gym
Hours of Work: 37.5 Hours - Monday to Friday
If you are an experienced supervisor or team leader of a coatings laboratory and are looking for a new, exciting challenge please get in touch with Gareth Emmett - (firstname.lastname@example.org), at Cranleigh Scientific with your CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 9476
- Posted: 10th September 2020
- Expires: 8th October 2020