Are you a Biological Sciences graduate looking for a laboratory job opportunity?
We are currently looking for Sample Preparation Scientists on a 9 month Fixed Term Contract to be a part of the continuing Government Test and Trace\' strategy for COVID-19 in the Cambridge area.
As the Sample Preparation Scientist, you will work in teams to prepare samples ready for RNA extraction and PCR analysis.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Sample Preparation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Primary responsibilities will be the removal of specimen transport tubes from the kit packaging, racking and pipetting samples into 96 well plates using a variety of manual and semi-automated methods.
2. You will also be responsible for identifying and processing samples that may be compromised or do not meet established acceptability criteria according to defined processes and procedures.
3. Additionally, you will be completing viral inactivation steps and use a LIMS system to track samples.
4. For some roles, you may also be responsible for the operation of larger scale liquid handling automation equipment.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Sample Preparation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Life Science or Biological Sciences degree and experience handling human biological samples and working at containment level 2.
2. Strong attention to detail and willing to perform routine, manual tasks. You will also need to be able to demonstrate skills in interpreting and recording results accurately.
3. A working knowledge and experience using a LIMS system would be advantageous.
Key Words: Sample Preparation Scientist | Biological Sciences | Biomedical | Biosafety | Forensic Science | Data Analysis | Molecular Biology | Cellular Biology | RNA | DNA | PCR
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Debra Fong
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633619
- Posted: 10th September 2020
- Expires: 8th October 2020