We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Gene Editing to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in London. As the Senior Scientist - Gene Editing you will be responsible for introducing and developing the companies Gene editing capabilities and provide expertise in the application of gene editing with a focus on Cell Line Engineering.
This position would be ideal for an experienced Gene Editing Scientist either from industry or academia where you have developed new methods and introduced new technologies. Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 to enhance relevant cell lines would be of interest to this leading ATMP Biotechnology company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Gene Editing will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provide subject matter expertise in Gene Editing including CRISPR, ZFN and TALENs.
2. Design experiments and develop new protocols for gene editing to develop cell lines with a focus on immunotherapy development.
3. Work closely with lead scientists and program managers to deliver high quality projects on time and help plan gene editing work streams
4. Keep up to date with on going technology developments through paper and article reading as well as through the attendance of conferences and lectures.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Gene Editing we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a life sciences discipline (e.g. Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics etc.) in addition to experience in a post-doc or industry where you have focused on gene editing.
2. Proven industry experience with CRISPR Gene editing technologies where you have developed Cell Lines. Experience of ZFN and TALENs would also be of interest.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with human/mammalian cell culture and cell line development. Experience with viral or non-viral supplied repair templates would be of interest.
Key Words: Senior Scientist | Gene Editing | CRISPR | CRISPR/Cas9 | ZFN | TALENs | Cell Line Development | Cell line Engineering | Gene Therapy | Cell Therapy | ATMP
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633757
- Posted: 10th September 2020
- Expires: 8th October 2020