We are currently looking for a Upstream Process Manager to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the County Durham area. As the Upstream Process Manager you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and expertise, as well as managing and developing the Upstream Process team to deliver on medium to large scale and highly complex projects. This will cover the upstream processing of biopharmaceuticals including proteins, viral vectors and nucleic-acid based products expressed in mammalian, bacterial, yeast, insect and/or cell-free systems.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Upstream Process Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for ensuring the Upstream Process team reach goals and deliver on departmental targets. Your management responsibilities will include team support, performance management, recruitment, development and allocation of resources.
2. It will be your responsibility to provide technical leadership for the development of therapeutic biological manufacturing processes, using your expertise to contribute to the design, development and scale-down/scale-up of upstream processes from bench to pilot scale.
3. As the Upstream Process Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the Biologics business unit strategy, and will be involved in document writing, data interpretation, presentation and statistical analysis.
4. Your technical expertise in bioreactor system control cascades, PID tuning and high-throughput development approaches will be needed to help with the use and scale-up of reusable or single-use bioreactor systems from bench to pilot scale. You will also support in cell biology, biologics expression and analytical techniques with mammalian and microbial expression systems, including CHO, HEK293, E.coli and yeast.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Upstream Process Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Science/Engineering discipline (e.g. Bioprocess, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Process Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, etc.) will be necessary for your application.
2. Proven industry experience in a bioprocess development setting is essential, and will be beneficial partnered with GMP experience. Having leadership experience in this setting is also required.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with upstream techniques for therapeutic biologics is essential.
Key Words: Upstream | Fermentation | Bioreactor | Biologics | Biopharmaceutical | Biopharma | Biotechnology | Bioprocess | Process Development | Manufacturing | GMP | CMO | Manager | Team Leader | Senior | USP | CHO | HEK293 | Scale-Up | Scale-Down | Management | Leadership | Line Lead | Production | Therapeutics | Protein | Viral Vector | Gene Therapy | Mammalian | Microbial | Bacterial | Business Strategy | Pilot scale | Characterisation
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgina Beer
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633754
- Posted: 9th September 2020
- Expires: 7th October 2020