Principal Analytical Chemist required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring significant experience in the application of inorganic analysis techniques and method development/validation of said techniques. PhD qualification in Chemistry strongly preferred.
Title: Principal Analytical Chemist
Employment Term: Permanent
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a company based in North Cheshire who manufacture speciality chemical additives with applications in a huge range of industries. With substantial investment into their analytical capabilities, they are now looking for a hands-on Principal Analytical Chemist to drive developments in analysis, methodologies and new inorganic characterisation techniques. This would be a fantastic position for an accomplished Analytical Chemist, preferably PhD qualified, with significant experience in the use and method development of techniques including XRF, XRD, TGA, DSC, DLS, AFM, AAS, particle size analysis, rheology or porosimetry.
Benefits: You will join a dynamic and forward-thinking team in a highly successful company, with opportunities to travel to Europe and on course to be a future leader. 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Company pension scheme and annual bonuses. 38 hours per week, worked flexibly with core hours of 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Reviewing, improving and validating existing analytical methods for XRF, XRD, TGA, DSC, DLS, AFM, AAS, particle size analysis, rheology or porosimetry
- Developing and writing new test protocols for above techniques to enhance capabilities
- Leading investigations into characterisation techniques to identify and implement new tools to support R&D and product development
- Researching (via patents/literature) and networking to enhance knowledge and improve characterisation
- Using analytical and statistical tools to analyse and interpret data
- Ensuring maintenance and servicing of equipment
- Providing expertise and analytical service and solutions for internal customers on site and internationally
- Substantial experience with inorganic analytical techniques including one or more of XRF, XRD, TGA, DSC, DLS, AFM, AAS, particle size analysis, rheology or porosimetry
- Significant knowledge and expertise in method development and validation of listed techniques
- Higher qualification in Chemistry (PhD preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail, pragmatic problem-solving mind set
- Well-developed communication skills, able to network and lead/influence others
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: analytical, analyst, analyse, chemist, chemistry, inorganic, materials, XRF, XRD, TGA, DSC, DLS, AFM, AAS, particle size analysis, rheology porosimetry, thermal analysis, thermal gravimetric analysis, thermogravimetric, x-ray fluorescence, x-ray diffraction, atomic force microscopy, atomic absorption, MSc, MChem, PhD, doctorate
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2157051
- Posted: 7th September 2020
- Expires: 5th October 2020