CK Technical are recruiting for a Chemometric Modelling Engineer to join a global contract testing company in the Oil and Gas industry at their site based in Aberdeen, on a full time permanent basis.
Our client is a FTSE 100 company and in this role you will be a part of a fast-growing, dynamic and successful team. The company is looking for someone with a keen interest in the field of data analytics to take on their next challenge in data science, and would suit someone with previous industry experience or an entry-level chemical engineer or similar. The successful candidate will carry out data analytics and chemometric modelling, utilising a variety of statistical and mathematical modelling techniques, as well as data analysis of client datasets and maintenance and creation of chemometric data models for new and existing projects. The company offers a competitive salary as well as enhanced benefits including 33 days holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, and a colleague recognition programme. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8.30am-4.30pm.
This Modelling Engineer role is located in Aberdeen.
Chemometric Modelling Engineer Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Analysis and implementation of statistical methods and chemometric modelling to meet project delivery milestones.
- Contributing to the improvement of existing chemometric/statistical design/processes.
- Maintaining high standards of code quality, ensuring use of version control tools.
- Keeping up to date with developments in the chemometrics, statistics and data science fields by attending training courses, conferences and other learning routes.
- Contributing to data analytic projects.
- Maintaining and creating models for new and existing software projects.
- Engaging in the development of models using a clear process - Test Driven, Commented and Documented in Project Delivery Document (PDD) and Model Delivery Document (MDD).
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- HNC, HND or Degree (or equivalent qualifications) in Chemical Engineering, Information Technology, Maths, Physics or related discipline.
- Exceptional IT literacy skills as well as strong mathematics or statistical background.
- Chemometrics experience would be beneficial.
- Chemical Process Modelling experience and knowledge of using e.g. HYSYS and/or Unisym.
- Clear written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and build close relationships.
- Solutions focused with the ability to independently troubleshoot and source solutions, convey these to both clients and members of the business in a methodical and simplistic way.
For more information or to apply for this Chemometric Modelling Engineer position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting job reference 48834.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 48834
- Posted: 7th September 2020
- Expires: 5th October 2020