STEM Executive – Technology & Scientific Consultancy Services
Sector: Technology & Scientific R&D grant applications
Location: Manchester City Centre
Our client are a financial consultancy who provide their clients within the Technology & Scientific sectors with advice and support on R&D credits. This role will involve desk research to generate detailed technical reports in support of the clients Research and Development activities to enable reimbursement of tax due on expenses. The role will involve working closely with a range of clients within the sector who are carrying out novel and innovative research to develop new and next generation technologies. It would suit a recent graduate with an interest IT, engineering, technology or science but somebody who favours working in business rather than as an engineer or in a lab. The successful candidate will have excellent desk research skills, good attention to detail, strong communication skills (oral and written) and somebody who enjoys dealing with customers.
Specific duties will involve:
- Liaising with the most innovative start-ups and scale ups in the UK, gaining a deep understanding of funding schemes and government funding options.
- Liaising with founders and directors of scientific & tech-start-ups to understand their technology advancements and funding challenges.
- To learn about accounting principles and how HMRC’s R&D Tax Credits scheme works.
- Researching the market and keeping up to date with industry trends.
- Liaising with clients face-to-face, over the phone and in-person.
- Producing spreadsheets and written reports in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be a confident, independent self-starter who loves finding new ways of engaging clients. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills. A degree in an Engineering or Applied Science subject is essential (2:1 or higher preferred). In return, the company offers a generous salary, excellent benefits package, opportunities for career development and an excellent training program.
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor
- Agency: Taylorollinson
- Contact: Richard Taylor
- Posted: 4th September 2020
- Expires: 2nd October 2020