CK Science are recruiting for an experienced Senior Research Scientist with expertise in Enzymatic Assays/Enzymology, to join an innovative biotechnology company based in Cambridge on a permanent basis. Essential to this role is strong knowledge in enzymology and/or enzymatic assays gained at academic (PhD plus post-doc) or industry setting.
Our client is a leader in drug discovery and development to fight against cancer and diseases of the central nervous system. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package as well as excellent training and career development opportunities.
This role is located near Cambridge which has good transport links and is easily commutable from Bury St Edmunds, Peterborough or Stevenage.
Senior Research Scientist Role:
Working in multi-disciplinary teams with structural biologists, biophysicists and chemists, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their detailed knowledge of enzyme and protein mechanisms, and contribute to the drug discovery process from target evaluation to candidate selection.
Other responsibilities include:
- Utilising significant expertise in enzyme kinetics to provide an understanding of complex mechanisms.
- Exploring and implementing novel and innovative assay technologies.
- PhD in enzymology/protein biochemistry and proven post-doctoral experience gained in an academic or industrial setting, ideally in drug discovery.
- Highly skilled in enzyme kinetics, assay development and troubleshooting, with strong analytical skills. Some knowledge of chemistry and/or biophysics is desirable.
- Experience working with multiple different target classes such as kinases, ion channels, protein-protein interactions would be an advantage.
For more information or to apply for this Senior Research Scientist position, please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 48828.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 48828
- Updated: 4th September 2020
- Expires: 2nd October 2020