We are currently looking for a Research Leader - Scale Up Chemistry to join a leading Drug Development company based in the Essex area. As the Research Leader - Scale Up Chemistry you will be responsible for providing scientific leadership of scale up campaigns to support chemistry integrated drug discovery programs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research Leader - Scale Up Chemistry will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will work with the business as subject matter specialist, advising integrated project teams on material supply strategy. This will be a predominantly laboratory-based role, working closely with the wider Chemistry team.
2. The Research Leader - Scale Up Chemistry will communicate regularly with both clients and internal departments to ensure that projects meet defined expectations. You will be expected to write proposals and develop business relationships with potential clients.
3. You will plan synthetic routes and perform literature searches to support on-going project, as well as optimise medicinal chemistry routes to allow for the safe delivery of advanced building blocks and APIs at multi-gram to kilo scale using large scale equipment. You will transfer technical knowledge to third party GMP CMOs.
4. Ensure that all technical documentation (laboratory production, cGMP production, pilot plant projects, analytical methods) and Health and Safety documentation is maintained and complies with relevant regulatory/quality guidelines with the aim of ensuring that Quality Standards are upheld.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Leader - Scale Up Chemistry we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree/PhD in a Chemistry/related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in synthesis on 10g to kg scale reactions ideally working in a CRO environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the development/scale up of API\'s during the clinical trial manufacture phase.
Key Words: API / Development / GMP / GxP / Chemistry / Organic Chemistry / Process Chemistry / Project Management / CRO / Drug Discovery / PRINCE2 / Clients / Organic / Synthesis / Synthetic / cGMP / HPLC / LC-MS / NMR / Research
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Edward McNulty
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633411
- Posted: 4th September 2020
- Expires: 2nd October 2020