HRS are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Enzymology / Enzyme Kinetics to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridge. As the Senior Scientist - Enzymology / Enzyme Kinetics you will be responsible for designing assays for complex protein systems including novel enzymes and proteins.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Enzymology / Enzyme Kinetics will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Utilise your expertise in enzyme kinetics to provide an understanding of complex mechanisms.
2. Design and execute de novo assays for difficult protein systems, including novel enzymes and protein protein interactions to enable the drug discovery process.
3. Collaborate with structural biologists, biophysicists and chemists in order to optimise fragment hits to lead compounds.
4. As the Senior Scientist - Enzymology / Enzyme Kinetics you will train and mentor junior team members.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Enzymology / Enzyme Kinetics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A PhD in Eznymology, Protein Chemistry, Biochemistry or relevant. You will have a good understanding of drug discovery.
2. Proven industry or post-doc experience in enzyme kinetics and assay development including HTRF, TRF, FP, Luminescence etc. Experience with biophysical methods (SPR) is desirable.
3. A working knowledge with target including kinases, ion channels and protein-protein interactions.
Key Words: Enzymology / Enzyme Kinetics / Biochemistry / Enzyme Characterisation / Assay Development / HTRF / TRF / FP / Luminescence / SPR / Biacore / Ion Channel / Protein Interaction / Kinases / Cambridge / Post Doc / PhD / Drug Discovery
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Christina Giakou
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633718
- Posted: 3rd September 2020
- Expires: 1st October 2020