Formulation Chemist required, based in Shropshire. Requiring previous laboratory-based experience of formulating chemical products. Such products may include lubricants, paints, coatings, emulsions, suspensions, gels, colloids, lotions, creams, clays, cementitious products, thixotropic fluids or similar.
Title: Formulation Chemist
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a company specialising in the development and manufacture of speciality fluids. With growing demand for their products, they are looking to hire a new Formulation Chemist to join the lab team at their site in Shropshire. The role will involve formulating and reformulating products dependent on customer specifications and conducting a range of physical and chemical tests. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone with proven formulating skills gained in an industrial, working laboratory. Industry background may be paints/coatings, cosmetics, colloids, cementitious products, emulsions or similar.
Benefits: Joining a small technical team in a dynamic environment, training provided, potential to work on a variety of projects and formulations. 37.5 working hours per week, 8.30am - 4.30pm (some flex on start/finish times), Monday to Friday. 24 days holiday + banks. Matched pension scheme up to 5%, discretionary bonus, free parking.
Role / Description
- Formulating new products and reformulating existing products to meet customer briefs and specifications
- Performing laboratory tests on formulations including rheology, viscosity, lubricity, permeability, fluid loss, stability, XRD and particle size analysis (amongst others) to measure properties and performance
- Providing verbal & written reports of findings and making recommendations to the Lab Manager and wider team
- Providing efficient and informative responses to customer enquiries
- Contributing to laboratory upkeep - preparing solutions, ordering supplies, ensuring material stocks are up-to-date
- Maintain up-to-date technical information on database and work safely in accordance with company safety procedure, COSHH and quality standards
- Previous experience in the formulating products such as lubricants, paints, coatings, emulsions, suspensions, gels, colloids, lotions, creams, clays, cementitious products, thixotropic fluids or similar
- Degree in Chemistry (or similar) preferred but not essential
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Organised, with good communication skills and high attention to detail
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: formulate, formulation, formulating, emulsions, suspensions, gels, colloids, lotions, creams, clays, cementitious, cement, paint, coatings, inks, resins, thixotropic, fluid, chemistry, polymer science, technical, laboratory, rheology, viscosity, chemical, personal care, cosmetics,
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2157020
- Posted: 3rd September 2020
- Expires: 1st October 2020