We are currently looking for a Fermentation Pilot Engineer to join an innovative biotechnology company based in the Greater Manchester area. As the Fermentation Pilot Engineer you will be responsible for developing process controls and scaling-up the technology processes to pilot and commercial scales.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Fermentation Pilot Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Your work will focus on scale up design work to commercialisation, so calculations for plant design will be necessary.
2. As the Fermentation Pilot Engineer, you will work closely with fermentation teams and customers to aid fermentation development and the scale up of the separation technology.
3. It will be your responsibility to trouble shoot with the scale up processes and use your knowledge of working with bioreactors in industry to help solve problems fast.
4. You will be required to source suitable facilities and engineering firms for the construction of equipment in the pilot facility.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Pilot Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a bioprocess related subject (e.g. Bioprocess Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Biochemistry etc.) is necessary and a PhD is beneficial.
2. Proven industry experience in running bioreactors up to industrial scale and coordinating scale up projects will be required for this role.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with purification and/or formulation techniques will be advantageous, alongside a knowledge of surfactant and lipid quantification.
Key Words: Process Engineer | Fermentation | Bioreactor | Scale Up | Plant Facility | Plant | Commercialisation | Purification | Biosurfactant | Lipid Quantification | Separation | Bioprocess | Engineering | Microbial | Microbiology | Biotechnology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgina Beer
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633433
- Posted: 3rd September 2020
- Expires: 1st October 2020