We are currently looking for a Fermentation Group Leader to join an innovative biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridgeshire. As the Fermentation Group Leader you will be responsible for leading the Fermentation Process Development Group within the preclinical development department, focused on building a new class of therapeutic medicines.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Fermentation Group Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for developing in-house fermentation processes and providing support for upstream and downstream method development and optimisation.
2. Your focus will be with anaerobic fermentation of bacteria from microtiter plates to small fermenters, along with the optimisation of media for growth of physiologically diverse bacteria.
3. As the Fermentation Group Leader, you will co-ordinate lyophilisation development studies, as well as incorporating in-house capabilities, and will work closely with the assay development team to develop assays designed to assess microbial cell quality.
4. It will be important to maintain an awareness of latest technologies and equipment for incorporation into company labs.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Group Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree (PhD preferable) within a Microbiology or Bioprocess Engineering discipline along with extensive experience within Fermentation is essential.
2. Proven industry experience in a bioprocess development environment working with bench scale bioreactors, ideally in a bacteriology setting, is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Design of Experiment or Quality by Design will be highly desirable.
Key Words: Fermentation | Group Leader | Process Development | Bioprocess | Upstream | DoE | Design of Experiment | Quality by Design | Biotechnology | Biopharmaceutical | Microbial | Process Development | Downstream | Bacteria | GMP | Ferment | Freeze-Drying | Lyophilisation | Research
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgina Beer
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633254
- Posted: 3rd September 2020
- Expires: 1st October 2020