We are currently looking for a Senior Laboratory Manager to join a developing Biotechnology company based in London. As the Senior Laboratory Manager you will be responsible for the running of the laboratories including the Tissue Culture facility. You will have oversight and lead all Health and Safety activities, manage stock and materials as well as shipping logistics of samples.
This role would suit an experienced Lab Manager with line management experience and the ability to get to site at least 3 days a week.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Laboratory Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Ensure the compliance of Laboratories and site in regards to H&S and the Human Tissue Act (HTA). Ensure the maintenance of licences, risk assessments, SOPs and COSHH database.
2. Oversee the shipping and receipt of Biological samples for the UK and abroad in addition to the ordering and stock management.
3. Train staff on equipment and techniques such as Tissue Culture and ensure the maintenance and acquisition of laboratory equipment.
4. Line manage laboratory support staff and ensure the effective running of the laboratories and site.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Laboratory Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences discipline with previous experience in Lab Management, ideally within industry.
2. Proven industry experience in of ensuring Laborator safety and compliance including experience with Health and Safety standards and the Human Tissue Act.
3. Previous line management experience would benefit your application. Experience with Antibodies or Biologics would also be beneficial.
Key Words: Laboratory Manager | Lab Management | H&S | Health and Safety | COSHH | Tissue Culture | Line Management | Ordering Stock | Consumables and Reagents | Compliance | Logistics
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633706
- Posted: 3rd September 2020
- Expires: 1st October 2020