We are currently looking for a GMP Downstream Scientist to join a leading biologics company based in the Staffordshire area. As the GMP Downstream Scientist, you will be responsible for carrying out purification activities needed for product delivery.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the GMP Downstream Scientist will be varied, however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will execute purification techniques within a GMP cleanroom facility.
2. As the GMP Downstream Scientist you will train less experienced staff in purification techniques.
3. It will be your responsibility to follow manufacturing plans and batch manufacturing records and keep them maintained according to SOPs.
4. You will use techniques such as AKTA chromatography and Tangential Flow Filtration.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the GMP Downstream Scientist, we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Scientific discipline (e.g. Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Protein Science, Biology, etc.) or equivalent is necessary for your application.
2. Proven industry experience in a GMP cleanroom environment is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with AKTA and TFF methods is highly beneficial.
Key Words: Purification | Downstream | GMP | AKTA | TFF | Cleanroom | Production | Manufacturing | Biologics
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Darrell Powell
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633626
- Posted: 2nd September 2020
- Expires: 30th September 2020