A growing provider to biopharmaceutical companies is now entering an exciting stage of growth and requires additional support in the R&D Team. As a Research Scientist, you will act as the lead scientist for the establishment of an existing prion binding testing methodology to the company's Cambridge facility. The role will also involve the training of other Assay team members. To be considered you must have a proven track record of working with infectious prions and ideally be educated to PhD level, although MSc will be considered with the equivalent industry experience.
This is a 1 -Year fixed term contract with the potential of being made permanent.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Preferably a PhD, at minimum a MSc, in Microbiology, Biochemistry or a related field.
- A proven track record of work with infectious prions is essential as the role will require work in a BSL-2 Laboratory with prion infectivity (Hamster Scrapie).
- Experience with prion-related techniques, both traditional and advanced, is required:
- Western blots
- Proteinase K digestion
- Aseptic handling of non-human infectious prions.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6600
- Posted: 2nd September 2020
- Expires: 30th September 2020