Molecular Diagnostics Team Leader - Biotech R&D - Cambridge
Newton Colmore Consulting are working with an exciting biotechnology company in Cambridge who are looking for an experienced scientist to join as Molecular Diagnostics Team Leader.
Upon joining the company, you will be using your molecular diagnostics expertise to help steer and shape the development of this company's new technology. You will be leading a team of scientists and engineers with the sole aim of achieving a step-change in microfluidic diagnostics.
With an initial bias toward laboratory-based work, you will design and carry out experiments to test and optimise product performance and reliability. Your extensive experience will enable you to think and plan independently to achieve project goals that will directly impact the success of the company. You will be capable of translating your life sciences insights into practical engineered solutions, working closely with the director of scientific R&D.
To be considered for this exciting role you will need to have the following;
- Substantial experience in the development of PCR and molecular diagnostic assays in a commercial/industrial environment
- Excellent laboratory skills and familiarity with common molecular assay methodologies with a PhD in a relevant field
- Demonstratable experience that you have managed complex projects under time pressure in a pragmatic manner
- Ideally hold a molecular biology, biochemistry or biophysics degree.
In exchange for your skills and expertise, the company offer a highly competitive package and the chance to lead a start-up's R&D team and bring the technology to life.
For more information, please call Matthew Lowdon of Newton Colmore Consulting on 0044 121 268 2240 or make an application and one of our team will be in touch.
Newton Colmore Consulting is a highly specialist recruitment consultancy operating within the Medical Devices, Scientific Engineering, Scientific Software, Robotics, Science, Electronics Design, New Product Design, Human Factors, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance and Field Service Engineering sectors throughout Europe and the US.
Key words: , Microfluidics, Molecular Diagnostics, Assay Development, PCR, Cambridge, Research and Development, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Newton Colmore Consulting
- Reference: NC-MW-466259
- Posted: 2nd September 2020
- Expires: 30th September 2020