We have an opportunity for an Application Scientist to join a growing spin-out company. Your role be to identify the potential uses of the technology for customers, to including practical experimental work as well as publishing application notes and papers. To be considered you will be a recent PhD or Post-Doc researcher with a strong understanding of tandem mass spec.
We are looking for an Application Scientist to join our team to lead the work on identifying potential uses of the technology for customers; this will involve running challenging samples, followed by publishing application notes and papers.
As a small start-up company, all team members have to be prepared to get involved in anything that needs their support; we are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to tackle issues that are outside the scope of your formal job description.
Recent PhD graduate or Post Doc in Chemistry or related subject
The right candidate will be able to support both the commercial and development teams by providing expert insight into commercially relevant applications.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate the following
- Experience of running a range of different samples types using tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS)
- Skilled at the data analysis of complex samples, for example proteomics, metabolomics,
- Able to communicate the end user perspective to the instrument hardware and software development teams.
- Able to support the commercial team in the early stage customer conversations about the technique; including answering technical questions about the technique and positioning the instrument performance to meet client
- Represent the company at all relevant industry conferences and
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6597
- Posted: 27th August 2020
- Expires: 24th September 2020