CK Science are recruiting for a Senior Assay Scientist with knowledge in Lateral Flow Devices assays (LFD), to join a leading biotechnology organisation based at their facility just north of Leeds, on a permanent basis.
My client develops innovative research and diagnostics tools for novel cancer immunotherapies. On offer is an attractive benefits package which includes competitive salaries, company pension with up to 6% matching contributions, death in service benefit, annual performance related share awards and the option to join the Share Incentive Plan.
Senior Assay Scientist Role:
- Acting as the customer-facing technical lead for both internal and external projects.
- You will be expected to carry out experiments to characterise proteins as well as optimising and validating a range of in vitro assays (such as ELISA, cell-binding assays).
Additional responsibilities include to:
- Perform routine molecular techniques for QC of targets prior to phage display.
- Design, develop and validate assays including ELISA, agglutination assays, LFD assays, cell binding and cell-based activity assays for protein characterisation.
- Degree qualified in either MSc or PhD with industry experience within the Biotechnology/Life Science sector.
- Strong technical skills including demonstrable experience in several of the following: ELISA, LFD, cell culture, flow cytometry, polyclonal and monoclonal antibody production and validation, protein-protein interaction techniques, protein engineering and analysis, molecular biology.
- Demonstrated ability to develop target binding (e.g. ELISA, LFD, Agglutination) and phenotypic based assays (phosphorylation, cell proliferation etc.) using a range of techniques (e.g. Western blot, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy and IHC).
- Experience of assay development in a commercial/CRO environment.
- Line management or supervisory/mentoring experience.
For more information or to apply for this Senior Assay Scientist position, please contact Naynesh on 01246 457703 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 48748.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 48748
- Updated: 26th August 2020
- Expires: 23rd September 2020