Charnwood Molecular, an award-winning, UK-based CRO, has been providing expert synthetic chemistry support to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries for over 20 years. We have seen a growing demand for our virtually integrated Drug Discovery services, which we provide through a dynamic network of trusted partners, allowing our clients to access the highest levels of expertise across the different disciplines of the Drug Discovery process in a cost-effective and synergistic manner.
We offer access to a range of Drug Discovery services for our clients, from Synthetic Chemistry support through to many aspects of fully collaborative Medicinal Chemistry programs, where our scientific team, assembled with wide and varying experiences from across the industry, focus on providing intellectual input and enabling the rapid advancement of projects.
An exciting opportunity has now emerged for an experienced computational chemist to join our company to build and develop a new Computational Chemistry Department at Charnwood Molecular.
The successful candidate would have:
- A PhD in computational chemistry or a related discipline.
- Proven experience in structure based design – docking and ligand optimisation. Experience of working on fragment based design projects would also be an advantage.
- Several years’ experience working on small molecule drug discovery projects
- Excellent communications & team working skills
- Experience of Ligand based design – SAR analysis of project data sets and calculation of ADME/Tox relevant properties including core replacement work and focussed library design.
- The ability to conduct virtual screening – using protein x-ray structures and a variety of a ligand based methods such as shape and fingerprint based technologies.
- Experience of protein sequence analysis and homology modelling – experience of multiple sequence alignment and homology modelling experience across numerous protein classes, including GPCRs, would be an advantage.
- The ability to lead the development of platform technologies within the company.
- The ability to identify new business opportunities and write proposals
- The skill set to recruit, train and support new and junior Computational Chemists.
- Experience with a variety of computational tools and techniques including virtual screening, structure-activity relationships, and chemoinformatics.
- A drug discovery background gained within a pharmaceutical company or at a CRO is preferred.
In return you will receive an excellent training and benefits package, including a highly competitive salary, which is reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, and medical insurance through the WPA top-up scheme. All our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Charnwood Molecular, providing you with a platform to you share in our collective success.
We also recognise that the environment in which you work is a priority, and have built a highly collaborative and supportive culture with numerous opportunities for growth and personal development. This includes a series of internal and external training and development opportunities to accelerate both your scientific and personal career growth.
To be considered, or for further informal discussions, please submit a detailed CV and covering letter:
Related skills: Biology, Computer Science, Life Science, Laboratory, Research
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Employer: Charnwood Molecular
- Contact: Charlotte Coore
- Updated: 2nd October 2020
- Expires: 31st October 2020