As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone contract development and manufacturing services for clinical trials and the commercial market. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Scientist within the Innovation Department at Keele, Staffordshire, UK for an 18 month fixed term contract to cover maternity. The successful candidate will be responsible for biologics upstream process development.
Main duties will include:
- Execution of microbial fermentation (shake flask and bioreactor) and microbial cell banking within our research and high quality facilities in support of commercial contracts, gene therapy viral vector development and Innovate UK grants with academic institutions.
- Aseptic working and the ability to work in an aseptic environment.
- To assist in the process improvements.
- Support analytics of plasmid DNA.
- Interpretation of data, communicating results and performing impact assessment.
- Generate study plans, technical reports, Standard Operating Procedures and Batch Records as required.
- Leading of commercial and internal projects and scheduling production activities.
- Technical review of the Production Documentation
- Provide training to less experienced staff in techniques, as required.
The ideal applicant will be educated to a minimum of HNC/HND level or equivalent in a science subject, with previous practical laboratory experience in a relevant technical area in an academic or industrial environment. A BSc or equivalent qualification in biochemistry, biotechnology, microbial technology, or biochemical engineering and proven experience in an appropriate research discipline would be advantageous. A PhD on a topic within the department’s area of expertise would be advantageous but not essential. Experience with plasmid DNA analytics is not essential but will be desirable.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and strong practical skills within their area of expertise and the ability to work effectively on multiple projects.
The successful candidate must be flexible in their approach to work and willing to work additional hours to accommodate processing. An enthusiasm to learn, being a strong team player and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation are also essential.
This role will be based at Keele, Staffordshire, however, a willingness to travel within the Group will be required.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Employer: Cobra Biologics
- Contact: Corrine Ward
- Phone: 01782714181
- Reference: CBK2220
- Updated: 2nd September 2020
- Expires: 30th September 2020