Gas Chromatography / GC-MS Specialist
£32,000 - £36,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Permanent Position, Berkshire Based
Do you have extensive experience of analysis and developing methodology for GC or GC-MS?
Would you like to work for a leading research and analysis organisation?
My client are an established analytical organisation based in Berkshire, with a repertoire of global clients within the Pharmaceutical Industry. They are currently looking to hire a Gas Chromatography / GC-MS Specialist, working within the Pharmaceutical Chemistry team. You will play a key role in providing technical Gas Chromatography expertise to support a range of analytical chemistry services.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, growing organisation with a strong reputation and continuing business growth.
Key Responsibilities of the Gas Chromatography / GC-MS Specialist will include;
- Independently undertake complex GC & GC-MS analysis of pharmaceutical raw materials and samples.
- Lead method development and validation to industry standards for GC / GC-MS techniques.
- Provide technical GC expertise for the preparation of client project proposals and results.
- Ensure maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Perform data interpretation and preparation of reports and certificates of analysis.
- Provide technical supervision and leadership for laboratory team members.
To be considered for the Gas Chromatography / GC-MS Specialist, you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc/MSc in a relevant scientific subject (Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Forensic Science, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Biotechnology etc.) or equivalent relevant working experience.
- Expertise in GC / GC-MS analysis.
- Extensive hands on experience in GC method development, validation and problem solving.
- Experience of working in a quality accredited laboratory e.g. GLP, GMP, UKAS, ISO.
- As this role involves liaising with clients and internal teams, you will need good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Key Words "Gas Chromatography, GC, GC-MS, Method Development, Method Validation, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical, Good Manufacturing Practice, GMP, GLP, GxP, UKAS, Berkshire"
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 0203 0964706 for more information
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J34819
- Updated: 30th July 2020
- Expires: 27th August 2020