We are currently looking for a Senior Upstream Production Scientist to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Senior Upstream Production Scientist you will be responsible for a team of GMP scientists working with mammalian cell culture and viral vector production for the biologics and pharmaceutical markets.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Upstream Production Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will lead a project team to carry out mammalian cell culture and virus production and potentially also support microbial fermentation and microbial cell banking.
2. It will be your responsibility to plan GMP projects by providing estimates for required resources and schedules.
3. As the Senior Upstream Production Scientist, you will support the Production Leader to maintain documentation compliance in respect of SOP updates, change control generation and support with deviation investigations as necessary.
4. You will interpret data and communicate the results both internally to scientific peers and externally to customers.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Upstream Production Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree and masters in a science subject (e.g. biochemistry, biotechnology, microbial technology, biochemical engineering, etc.) is necessary.
2. Proven industry experience in a production / manufacturing setting is required.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with mammalian cell culture and/or viral vector production is highly beneficial. Experience leading a team is essential.
Key Words: Upstream Process | USP | Biotechnology | Biochemical Engineering | Gene Therapy | Viral Vector | Biologics | Pharmaceutical | Manufacturing | GMP | Bioreactor | Shake Flask | Microbial | Mammalian | Senior Scientist | Cell Culture | ELISA | qPCR | HPLC | Team Lead | Manage
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgina Beer
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633392
- Updated: 29th July 2020
- Expires: 26th August 2020