We are currently looking for a Formulation Development Scientist on a permanent basis to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Leicestershire Area. As the Formulation Development Scientist you will be directly involved in the development of all aspects of the processes used in the manufacture of new and existing drug products (dosage forms will include tablets, capsules sachets & liquids).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Formulation Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Assuming direct involvement in the formulation and process development of medicinal products, covering a range of dosage forms including tablets, capsules, controlled release systems, sachets, liquids and semi-solids.
2. Operating various equipment involved in the manufacturing process, at laboratory and pilot
scale while accurately completing process documentation in accordance with GMP, to include
manufacturing documents and preparation of reports
3. As Formulation Development Scientist you will also manage the transfer of technology from formulation
development to production; liaising with production to ensure smooth transfer of information, collating
information and interpret data during development work.
To be successful in this exciting role as the Formulation Development Scientist we are looking to identity the following on application:
1. Relevant degree in Chemistry or similar related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience with wet granulation / dry granulation / Fluid Bed Coating/ Drying / Encapsulation / Tabletting and Tablet Coating is expected (or a combination of these) as well as previous experience of optimising manufacturing processes.
3. Excellent working knowledge of cGMP clinical manufacture, to enable formulation and development of drug products from laboratory scale through pilot scale and on into production phase 1 to 3 to ensure competent technology transfer of drug products would be highly desirable as well as those with experience in QbD principles and risk assessments.
Key Words: Formulation Chemistry / Solid Dosage Forms / Tablet Formulation / Pharmaceutical Development / Capsule Formulation / Process Development / Solid Dose Formulation / GMP Product Development
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Edward McNulty
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633563
- Updated: 29th July 2020
- Expires: 26th August 2020