We are currently looking for a Fermentation Engineer to join an exciting Biotechnology company based in the Cleveland area. As the Fermentation Engineer you will be responsible for running and maintaining gas fermentation technology platforms to enable commercial-scale production of the company's protein products.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Fermentation Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will develop fermentation procedures and protocols and will be responsible for managing day to day fermentation campaigns. Your focus will be in the pilot plant facility, but may include travel to other laboratories.
2. It will be your responsibility to perform data analysis through comparing process parameters with key performance indicators.
3. In cooperation with colleagues, you will develop and find new solutions for improved fermentation processes for multiple projects.
4. As the Fermentation Engineer, you will support the Senior Fermentation Scientist and will be responsible for supervising Associate Scientists and other junior members of staff.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Science discipline (e.g. chemical engineering, bioprocessing, bioengineering, process engineering, industrial biotechnology, etc.) along with hands on fermentation experience gained through industry or academia.
2. Proven industry experience in running and optimising pilot scale bioreactor / fermentation projects (e.g. above 100L). Preferably, you will have experience with microbial fermentation systems such as yeast or bacteria.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with design of experiments (DoE) and statistical process control will be highly desirable.
Key Words: Fermentation | Bioreactor | Cell Culture | Microbial | Protein | Yeast | Pilot Plant | Biotechnology | Upstream | Engineering | Process Development | Design of Experiment | DoE | USP | Biological | Production | Manufacturing
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgina Beer
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633095
- Updated: 26th July 2020
- Expires: 21st August 2020