We are currently looking for a Senior Viral Vector Scientist to join an exciting Cell Therapy company based in London. As the Senior Viral Vector Scientist you will design, execute and document up and downstream process development activities for viral vector projects using Quality by Design principles and industrial bioprocessing techniques. This role will have a particular focus on downstream process operations but could also involve cell factory-based expansion and virus production, stirred tank bioreactor processing, primary recovery using filtration approaches, purification via chromatographic methods and associated analytical techniques.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Viral Vector Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will work with the Lead Scientist to generate experimental design and execution for viral vector processes and analytical development projects.
2. You will need to collaborate with Project Managers and the Technical Transfer team and to enable the development and technical transfer of viral vector production processes.
3. As the Senior Viral Vector Scientist, you will establish and maintain strong interaction with academic and industrial partners to provide engineering solutions for the integration of production methodology and downstream bioprocessing approaches.
4. It will be your responsibility to use your in-depth knowledge of viral vector biology and/or associated bioprocessing skills to enable the delivery of robust and industrially closed GMP ready processes.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Viral Vector Scientist, we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree and ideally a PhD in a Engineering or Life Science discipline along with industrial experience working with up or downstream bioprocessing or viral vectors is essential.
2. Proven industry experience using Design of Experiment (DoE) and Quality by Design (QbD) will be highly advantageous, especially with a link to GMP.
3. A working knowledge and experience with purification techniques, such as chromatography and filtration, is essential to your application.
Key Words: Viral Vectors | Cell Therapy | Gene Therapy | Process Development | Quality by Design | Design of Experiment | Biopharmaceutical | ATMP | Scale up | Tech Transfer | AAV | Lentiviral | Bioprocess | Bioprocessing | Downstream | Upstream | GMP | Senior Scientist | Production |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgina Beer
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5633544
- Updated: 24th July 2020
- Expires: 21st August 2020