CK Science are recruiting for a Research Assistant to join a multinational clinical-stage research company focused on the development and commercialisation of gene therapies for debilitating disorders based on a next-generation AAV gene therapy platform. This will be at their site based in Stevenage on a permanent basis.
The organisation has a strong pipeline of gene therapy products with ongoing clinical trials. The main purpose of this role will be to support vector production across all programs. You will have the opportunity to work with multi-disciplinary teams within the Research department, enabling you to expand your skill set.
This role is located in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. The site is easily commutable by both train and road having strong rail networks with London and being reachable from the M1, M25 and A1(M).
Research Assistant Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Perform routine cell culture and transient transfections.
- Perform AAV vector purification using a range of methods.
- Perform analytical techniques on vector preparations (ELISA, QPCR etc).
- Ensure maintenance of accurate records and reliability of data.
- Support high-priority projects to meet deadlines.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Minimum of a BSc degree in a relevant biological discipline.
- Experience of mammalian cell culture.
- Experienced in protein analysis techniques - SDS Page, ELISA and QPCR.
- Experience of HPLC protein purification would be desirable.
An excellent benefits package is available including bonus, pension and private healthcare.
For more information or to apply for this Research Assistant position, please contact James Horne on 01246 457722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 48584.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: James Horne
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 48584
- Updated: 23rd July 2020
- Expires: 20th August 2020