The role involves performing microbial fermentation process work for developing and improving existing processes at laboratory and pilot scale. The position is predominantly laboratory based and involves experiments with bench-scale reactors, plus large steel fermenters and pilot scale equipment.
Qualification and Experience
The applicant will have MSc or PhD in Life Science, molecular biology, cell biology or biochemical engineering along with experience in process development.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge and skill in microbial mammalian cell culture and aseptic techniques and some experience in the operation and analysis of various bioreactor and fermenters
- Good laboratory skills and the ability to design and perform fermentation experiments, and data interpretation
- Have ability to troubleshoot upstream technical issues based on process and equipment knowledge and understanding.
- Experience with cGMP and large-scale manufacturing equipment
- Experience in technology transfer to cGMP facilities and with high throughput technologies and automation
- Able to undertake a range of purification and analytical biochemistry techniques,
Demonstrated skills and competencies:
? Attention to laboratory safety and hazard analysis
? Creative technical problem solving
? Ability to work well in inter-disciplinary teams
? Excellent oral and written communication skills
? Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
All applicants must be able to drive and eligible to live and work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737 241823
- Reference: BH16
- Updated: 22nd July 2020
- Expires: 19th August 2020