Laboratory Operations & Media Assistant
An innovative biotechnology organisation in the Cambridge area are looking to recruit a Laboratory Operations & Media Assistant to join the Laboratory Operations team.
- Prepare buffers, solutions, and microbiological media/agar plates. Keeping accurate records of formulations and assisting scientists in the formulation of bespoke medium.
- Perform routine quality control checks on media
- Undertake general laboratory cleaning and housekeeping, to reflect the daily priorities of the scientists.
- Support the team in carrying out routine maintenance of laboratory equipment, including care, cleaning and calibration checks.
- Manage stocks of laboratory consumables
- Work with the Stores Supervisor to ensure the daily collection of biological and clinical waste.
- Ensure laboratory compliance with Health and Safety Regulations.
- BSc in Microbiology/related degree or relevant scientific laboratory experience
- Excellent aseptic technique
- Highly attentive to detail, both practically and in maintaining accurate scientific records
- Problem solving and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to multitask to support a matrix of teams
- Proactive and enthusiastic when responding to challenges
- Excellent organisational skills and work ethic
- Previous work experience in CL2 laboratory
- Previous scientific laboratory experience
- Experience of Media preparation
If you would be interested in pursuing this opportunity please apply online.
- Agency: Clinical Professionals
- Contact: Kimberley Warren
- Reference: JO-2007-452264
- Updated: 22nd July 2020
- Expires: 19th August 2020